Books and Other Stuff

mostly about making books - blank and otherwise - reading books and keeping a reading diary

Saturday, September 23, 2006

a new Watercolor Journal



Last week I made a new journal that I could use for pen and ink and watercolor. I chose a 140# machine made paper from Opus Art and a 140# handmade from St. Armand ... a lovely soft pale grey tint to it, called Morseby. I don't think they make that color any more because I don't see it on their webpage. It's been in my paper stash for quite a few years now.



Here's the beginning of it.

I used a linen thread to bind five sections with a five-hole pamphlet stitch






and the finished book



6 Comments:

Blogger Joelle said...

Very nice! I enjoyed reading your blog!

3:50 PM  
Blogger Marilyn said...

Janice,
Thanks for displaying the various bindings. It's always helpful to see others' work. Nice job.

8:49 AM  
Blogger Nina Johansson said...

Hi, thanks for your comment on my homemade sketchbook at The Drawing Club, I appreciate it. And I love your books, they are gorgeous, all of them! Nice work!

11:56 PM  
Blogger Clara said...

Janice, I'm enjoying your blog (you're listed on my blogroll). Yours is one of the few blogs that I've found that, like mine, covers both book making and book reading. For me, it's hard to separate the two.

Best,

Clara

8:32 AM  
Blogger iva yaneva said...

How lovely! I love bookbinding, I even tried it once, but it wasn't nearly as good as this! :)

Thank you for stopping by my blog - it is great to have you there :)
I have seen the movie Twilight, yes, but I thought the book was much better. I have also seen some images that made the writer choose Forks and I was amazed by the beauty of it! You are lucky to be living in a lovely place like this :)

Have a great weekend!
IvaY

11:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your books are so elegant and beautiful. I am tempted to seek instruction to make some of my own.
joan Gillman Smith
http://www.flickr.com/photos/joangillmansmith/

4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home